2015’s Short Break Destination, Fez – Morocco
23 Oct 2014
• Morocco’s spiritual & cultural centre is just 3 hours from the UK
• The UNESCO World Heritage Site Medina is Africa’s largest
• Many palaces can be found in the Medina including 14 suite Palais Amani
• New countryside retreats including Dar El Mandar fuse a city/countryside break
• Shop for spices, clothes and homeware in the souks and ship items home
• Cook with Palais Amani’s chef and relax at Palais Amani’s hammam
• Attend annual event – The World Sacred Music Festival in May
• ‘Best of Fez’ four night break at Palais Amani
Fez showcases a completely unique art of living compared to other large cities in Morocco. It is Morocco’s third largest city full of life within the vast Medina made up of almost 10,000 car free streets. Fez is a true melting pot of cultures and its history can be viewed through doors that open onto palaces, mosques and tanneries; Fez is an impressive open-air museum of sights, sounds and smells. 2015 will see more guests than ever discover the treasures of this city where remarkable accommodation is favourably priced for tourists along with dining out.
What to do in Fez:
• Visit the tanners’ district and watch the tanneries ditches filled with a rainbow of colours processing skin in a traditional manner
• Shop for fashion items including kaftans, slippers and leathers, homeware items including pottery, copper works including light fittings, trays, mirrors, tables and much more
• Visit a medersa and discover more about the city’s intellectual and scientific past in unique buildings
• Discover a museum including The Nejjarine Museum of Wood Arts and Crafts and enjoy Mint Tea on the terrace
• Take an excursion for a day to the Fez countryside high above the medina and enjoy lunch and a swim at newly opened Dar El Mandar
• Visit during the World Sacred Music Festival when music can be enjoyed across the city
Return to Fez and stay at Palais Amani the biggest authentic Riad in Fez home to 14 luxury suites and bedrooms. The relaxing 600m2 garden leads to a Hammam where guests travel to a world of sensations and relaxation enjoying a selection of traditional Moroccan rituals. The Hammam is designed in true Moroccan style complete with a hot room, an exfoliation room, separate showers and a luxury relaxation chamber. Palais Amani’s restaurant serves meals throughout the day showcasing a Moroccan European fusion menu including Fassi gastronomy combining sweet and savoury treating fruits as vegetables. A library with a selection of games is also available and open 24 hours. For a truly impressive view of Fez guests can enjoy the private roof terrace with spectacular 360⁰ views of the unique ancient city and surrounding mountains beyond, a bar is also located on the terrace and is the ideal spot to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail served with homemade Moroccan snacks. Guests can also request to dine on the terrace.
‘Best of Fez’ four night break at Palais Amani:
Direct UK flights operate on Wednesdays and Sundays from London Stansted
Be transferred to Palais Amani in 30 minutes in the heart of the medina and enjoy a three course dinner. On Thursday after breakfast enjoy a 3 hour guided tour of the medina before returning to Palais Amani for a two course lunch. On Friday after breakfast both guests will enjoy a 45 minute Hammam treatment at Palais Amani. Then on Saturday spend the last evening in Fez at Palais Amani’s restaurant and enjoy a tapas Moroccan dinner. After breakfast on Sunday relax on Palais Amani’s roof terrace or in the library and enjoy a late two course lunch before being transferred to Fez airport for you 20.05 departure back to London Stansted.
The above 4 night break is priced from £785.00 based on two guests. Flights are priced from around £65.98 return per person.
Be fascinated by Fez in 2015.
www.palaisamani.com 12 Derb el Miter, Oued Zhoune, Fes Medina, 30000, Morocco
Rooms from £143 based on two sharing including three course Moroccan breakfast