A Sweet & Sparkling Winter Treat at Middlethorpe Hall in York New Piper Heidsieck ‘Sublime’ Chocolate Afternoon Tea
18 Nov 2013
National Trust hotel Middlethorpe Hall in York is adding a sweet touch to winter with the launch of the Piper Heidsieck ‘Sublime’ Chocolate Afternoon Tea. Middlethorpe Hall is no stranger to chocolate, it was once home to the Terry Family and is located close to both the ‘Terry’s of York’ chocolate factory and head offices on Bishopthorpe Road, and to the National Trust Goddards; a residence the family had built overlooking the Racecourse.
Award winning Middlethorpe Hall is home to 29 bedrooms showcasing decoration in the manner of the 18th Century. The hotel is furnished with antiques and fine paintings whilst looking out on 20 acres of stunning manicured gardens and parkland. The 18th Century Drawing Room is the perfect place for guests to indulge in the new unique Chocolate Afternoon Tea served together with a glass of award-winning Piper Heidsieck ‘Cuvée Sublime’ Champagne.
The new afternoon tea includes:
– A glass of award-winning ‘Cuvée Sublime’ demi-sec Champagne;
– A selection of traditional finger sandwiches (cucumber, smoked salmon, tomato & egg mayonnaise);
– Chocolate and orange scones served with clotted cream and orange marmalade;
– A tasting of chocolate pastries and cakes;
– Your choice of Tea supplied by the renowned Taylors of Harrogate (Middlethorpe recommend Tippy Assam Hajua Estate as a good pairing with chocolate).
The afternoon tea is priced from £29.90 per person and is available throughout winter.
Indulge your sweet senses this winter whilst raising a glass at York’s finest award winning hotel; winner of both ‘Hotel of the Year’ & ‘Restaurant of the Year’ 2013 at the Visit York Tourism Awards.
Middlethorpe Hall, York, Yorkshire, YO23 2GB, Tel: +44 (1904) 641241
Accommodation & Breakfast priced from £199.00 per room based on two sharing
inclusive of Wi-Fi and use of spa facilities