Counting Castles at Bodysgallen Hall & Spa in North Wales
3 Sep 2014
• Wales is home to the highest concentration of castles in Europe
• North Wales offers medieval and UNESCO World Heritage castles
• Bodysgallen Hall is located in over 200 acres of National Trust gardens
• Special breaks at Bodysgallen Hall include entry to a selection of castles
Ideally situated as a base for exploring and discovering some of Europe’s most attractive scenery, including views encompassing the sweep of the Snowdonia range of mountains and the imposing surrounding castles; Bodysgallen Hall, one of three Historic House Hotels, is the perfect base to explore North Wales.
With a Celtic heritage dating back some 2500 years, home to around 641 castles, Wales has developed a reputation as a destination to discover history. North Wales is home to several castles and Bodysgallen Hall have teamed up with a wide selection to offer guests on a special two night break complimentary entry. These castles include; Chirk Castle, Caernarfon Castle, Penrhyn Castle, Powis Castle, Beaumaris Castle, Harlech Castle and Conwy Castle.
The ‘Escape to the country’ break includes dinner in the restaurant, accommodation and breakfast and use of the spa facilities and is priced from £260.00 per room per night based on two sharing. A minimum of two nights must be booked. Valid until 31st October.
Guests can enjoy complimentary entry to:
• Penrhyn Castle – 19th-century neo-Norman castle housing one of the finest art collections in Wales
• Chirk Castle – Completed in 1310, medieval castle with Adam Tower and dungeon
• Powis Castle and Garden – Medieval castle with superb collection of Indian treasures and gardens with orangery
• Caernarfon Castle – Where Prince Charles received his investiture to the Prince of Wales
• Conwy Castle – A World Heritage Site
• Beaumaris Castle – A World Heritage Site
• Harlech Castle – A World Heritage Site
Bodysgallen Hall is a Grade I listed house which was built mainly in the 17th century and today features a total of 31 spacious bedrooms split between the house (15 bedrooms) and cottage suites (16). Each of the bedrooms has been individually furnished and decorated with antique furniture and works of art enjoying glorious views over Bodysgallen’s parkland or gardens. Several cottage suites benefit from their very own private gardens.
Visitors to Bodysgallen are also invited to enjoy fine cuisine in the impressive Dining Room which overlooks the gardens within which guests can enjoy imaginative British cuisine that has been awarded 3 AA Rosettes. All food is prepared from the best and freshest local produce. Furthermore, Bodysgallen Hall offers guests the opportunity to unwind in the Spa which comprises a spacious swimming pool, steam room, sauna, solarium, gym, relaxation room, treatment rooms and a club room.
The award winning hotel awaits guests ready to explore the spectacular coastline, rugged mountain scenery and green valleys and of course the many castles in this magical part of Wales.
www.bodysgallen.com Llandudno, North Wales, LL30 1RS Tel: +44 (0)1492 584 466
B&B priced from £179.00 per night based on two sharing