Feel Good Denmark at the happy Andersen Hotel in Copenhagen
16 Jan 2018
- Denmark is ranked number one in the 2017 Social Progress Index
- The Andersen and sister hotel The Absalon win ‘TINY pulse Happiest Company’ Award
- Feel Good factors at The Andersen include daily ‘Wine Hour’, Knitting, Running and Cycling
- The Andersen Hotel offers CONCEPT24 allowing guests to keep bedrooms for 24 hours
Denmark continues to shine on the global stage and hotels including The Andersen and The Absalon are actively part of the ‘Feel Good’ atmosphere in Denmark’s capital city Copenhagen. This January, both The Andersen and The Absalon were awarded the ‘TINY pulse – Happiest Company’ award, recognising both hotels as having the highest average happiness scores in the workplace in 2017.
The Social Progress Index ranked Denmark number one in 2017 in an index featuring 128 countries. The Index is an aggregate index of social and environmental indicators that capture three dimensions of social progress: Basic Human Needs, Foundations of Wellbeing and Opportunity.
The award-winning Andersen Hotel is home to 69 bedrooms and suites in the heart of Vesterbro. The hotel was refurbished in 2017 and completely updated. The Andersen offers guests some unique ‘Feel Good’ factors that all can participate in including:
- Daily ‘Wine Hour’ between 5pm and 6pm where all guests get together for a complimentary glass or two of wine as they unwind before heading out for dinner
- Knitting for the community in the hotel’s lobby. Guests can continue or complete knitting thick winter scarves which are later handed out to the homeless community in Copenhagen
- Running Copenhagen offers running sightseeing tours in Copenhagen with a local guide. Tours introduce guests to the city whilst interacting with locals who showcase insights into Copenhagen and introduce the city’s attractions. Special tours include Architecture Tours and Family Tours. The Andersen Hotel have partnered with Running Copenhagen who meet guests at the hotel for a bespoke tour of the city
- The Andersen Hotel offer guests “Jopo” bikes to rent to further explore this magical city. From Vesterbro the colourful elevated bike bridge connects cyclists to Islands Brygge. Cyclists cross the harbour 7 meters above the water and ‘The Bicycle Snake’ allows cyclists to arrive in style and with the most wonderful views of Copenhagen’s harbour and towers.
- The Andersen Hotel operate a CONCEPT24 package which allows a late departure at no extra cost, when booked directly and in advance, meaning the guest keeps the room for 24 hours, no matter what the time of arrival.
The Andersen hotel features a Vauni designed bio fireplace in the lounge. The decor throughout is vibrant and includes textiles and wallpapers from the award-winning Designers Guild in the UK. There are four categories of room and the hotel’s exterior retains its original features.
The hotel is a keen supporter of local art. The walls of the Lobby Lounge are filled with installations by local artists who can showcase and sell their works here. The hotel hosts art events every two months to introduce the works and the artist and to sell pieces over a ‘Meet the artist’ evening.
This is a family-run business and Karen Nedergaard owns and runs the hotel which is named after her grandmother Erna Andersen who founded the Absalon Hotel Group over 75 years ago. This family has seen Vesterbro transform into one of Copenhagen’s coolest areas.
Book a break that makes you feel good in 2018 and discover Copenhagen’s happy hotel.
Helgolandsgade 12, DK-1653 Copenhagen +45 33 31 43 44
B&B is priced from 1145 DKK (around £130) to 1925 DKK per room, per night
Copenhagen airport is 20 minutes away (5 mins walk to central Station then a 15 mins train)